Who said beauty was expensive? A more radiant and healthy skin can be at hand? inside the fridge, on the spice rack or in the cupboard. Two doctors propose recipes and tips to make natural masks for the face and neck, with whatever you have at home.
Keep in mind that, since these products are natural and have no preservatives, they must be applied immediately. It is also important to test a little bit of the mask on the inside of the wrist, and wait 15 minutes to rule out any allergic reaction. If sensitivity appears (which is not the same as allergy), leave the mask on for a maximum of 8 minutes.
Step by Step
Dr. Rosa Flom, dermatologist, full member of the Argentine Society of Dermatology and the American Academy of Dermatology, indicated this ?? step by step ?? to put on any mask:
- First, thoroughly cleanse the skin with cleansing creams or milk.
- Apply the mask to the face and neck, avoiding the eye area and the lips. On the face, place it in circular and upward movements; on the neck, the direction is from the center, towards the ears.
- Leave to act for 15 or 20 minutes, depending on the recipe, and rinse with warm or cold water, never hot.
- Apply daily moisturizer and sunscreen.
Masks for normal or combination skin
They are “the ones that work well for all skin types,” said Dr. Flom, who proposed several alternatives:
- Of strawberries. Add yogurt to them, to help eliminate dead cells and brighten the skin.
- Of cucumber. Crush with a mortar and apply. Another option: mix cucumber with egg white and powdered milk.
- Of wheat germ and yogurt. Combine them and apply.
- Of melon and watermelon. Crush both ingredients and mix.
Against acne: honey, cinnamon and turmeric mask
Dr. Adriana Szapinka, director of the BioZone aesthetic medicine center, suggested this mask and explained the reason for its components. Pure, raw honey and cinnamon are antibacterial, which help fight microbes on the skin, which cause pimple infections. Turmeric is rich in antioxidants (against premature aging) and anti-inflammatory.
- 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of water
Mix everything in a bowl (ideally glass). Place the mask on the face and neck, leave on for 15 minutes and rinse. Tip: it should be done at night, before going to bed, because it can leave a slight yellowish color on the skin, which the next morning will disappear with washing.
Ideal for summer: hydrating avocado mask
“The egg white tightens the skin, the oatmeal softens and smooths it, and the lemon gives shine,” Dr. Szapinka explained.
- 1 avocado
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of lemon
Cut the avocado into pieces and combine with the egg white, oats and lemon in a glass bowl. Make a paste. Apply to face and neck (with a little of the product it reaches). Leave on for 10-15 minutes and then stir with warm water. It can be used up to 2 times a week.