Banana, almonds or raisins: what should you take on an empty stomach every morning?
There are too many myths related to nutrition, especially when it comes to topics like weight loss, weight gain, lifestyle disorders, etc. Therefore, it is always better to seek the opinion of experts to decipher the facts from the myths. But a common question that seems to continue to divide people is “what should you take on an empty stomach every morning,” and whether it’s the same for everyone or changes based on health conditions. To answer this question, the famous nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar shared a series of guidelines on Instagram to start the day on an empty stomach. healthy note.
“Start the day with a banana, or soaked almonds, or soaked black raisins, not tea or coffee,” says Diwekar.
Who can take what and how much?
1 Banana: For everyone who has digestive problems or experience sugar cravings after a meal. “Buy fresh, local variety. Shop at least 2-3 times a week and don’t take them home in plastic bags, use a cloth bag instead,” he suggests.
6-7 Soaked Raisins: If you’ve qualified as having terrible PMS or low energy throughout the day, add 1-2 kesar about 10 days before your period.
4-5 soaked and peeled almonds: If you have insulin resistance, diabetes, PMS, low fertility or poor sleep quality, choose the mamra or local variety of badam, it is richer in nutrients. For PCOD, switch to 6-7 raisins and 1-2 kesar strands 10 days before menstruation.
According to Zoya Surve, a dietitian at Bhatia Hospital in Mumbai, while nuts such as almonds are rich in fiber and magnesium, and are good for weight control Fruits such as bananas are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that can help to the health of the skin, the heart and the intestines.
What is there to keep in mind after taking this morning meal on an empty stomach?
– It is okay to drink tea or coffee 10-15 minutes after this meal.
– Have a glass (only) of water and then this meal. “Drinking water first thing in the morning after waking up helps flush out toxins and waste products produced by the body during the night,” says Surve.
– Eat this within 20 minutes of waking up or after the thyroid pill.
– You can do exercise/yoga etc. 15-20 minutes after this meal.
– If you do not exercise, you can have breakfast one hour after this meal.
– You can also drink the water in which you have soaked the raisins
some frequently asked questions
I don’t like banana, what should I do?
– Pick any regional and local fruits that are in season.
I have a bit of all 3 problems, what should I eat now: banana, almonds or raisins?
A. Choose the one you like to eat the first meal in the morning. You can also eat banana today, almonds tomorrow or raisins the day after tomorrow.
So if I have PCOD, what exactly should I eat?
Why do we put the almonds in soak?
– To release its nutrients and allow phytic acid levels to decrease (which can bind to minerals such as zinc and make them unavailable to our body).
Nutritionist and yoga trainer Juhi Kapoor also recently shared the best eating habits to cultivate this year, as well as sharing “what to soak overnight to reduce your micronutrient deficiencies.
For PCOS , acne, and glowing skin, soak 5-7 almonds overnight, peel in the morning, and consume daily.
For menstrual pain and irregular periods, 6-8 soaked raisins and two strands of kesar.
For hair loss and immunity related issues , soak black raisins overnight and consume them the next morning.